HSC at MLC School
Congratulations Year 12 HSC students of 2018
Congratulations to our 2018 HSC girls. More than 60% of our Year 12 students received their final results on Thursday 13 December. As an HSC and International Baccalaureate (IB) School, it is difficult to compare our results with Schools which focus only on the HSC. MLC School is one of 12 schools in NSW which run the IB program, and we are most favourably ranked out of those schools.
Four students were placed on the HSC All-Rounders list for those who achieve Band 6 in 10 units of studies. Congratulations to Tina Gong (ATAR 99.85), Josephine Lam (ATAR 99.35), Jane Liu (ATAR 99.85) and Amy Song (ATAR 99.35). Congratulations also to Alyssa Filippoff, Ella Makovec, Veronika Males, Mackenzie McCowan, who narrowly missed this list, with one Band 5 and otherwise Band 6.
There were 101 instances of students being awarded Band 6 or E4 (the highest bands possible) while 61.5% of the cohort achieved a Band 6 in at least one subject.
Other HSC highlights include:
- 100% of Chinese Continuers students achieved a Band 5 or Band 6.
- 75% of Dance students achieved a Band 5 or 6.
- 100% of Drama students achieved a Band 5 or Band 6.
- 82% of Entertainment students achieved a Band 5 or Band 6.
- 100% of ESL students achieved a Band 5 or Band 6.
- 75% of Food Technology students achieved a Band 5 or 6.
- 100% of French Continuers achieved a Band 5 or Band 6.
- General Mathematics students achieved 27% above the state average. Please note that this was not included in the Sydney Morning Herald printed results, only the online version.
- 100% of Music 2 students achieved a Band 5 or Band 6. 24% above the State average.
- 100% Music Extension students received a Band E4 (equivalent to a Band 6). 34% above the State average.
- 85% of PDHPE students achieved a Band 5 or Band 6.
- 67% of Physics students achieved a Band 5 or Band 6.
- 100% of Textiles & Design students achieved Bands 5 and 6.
- 70% of Visual Arts students achieved a Band 6. This result has more than doubled in the past two years.
We would also like to celebrate the following outstanding HSC achievements:
Seo (Celine) Kang and Jane Liu were nominated for selection to ENCORE – exemplary performances and compositions from HSC Music students.
Natalie Lin and Ella Makovec were nominated for selection in Callback – the showcase of exemplary performances and compositions by 2018 HSC Dance students. Natalie was nominated for her Core Composition and her Major Performance. Ella was nominated for her Core Performance and Major Study Performance.
Stella Kochanowicz and Mackenzie McCowan were nominated for selection to OnSTAGE – the presentation and exhibition of exemplary group and individual performances and projects by HSC Drama students. Stella was nominated for Poster and Promotion and Mackenzie was nominated for Script Writing.
Hanna Woodward was nominated for InTech – the exhibition of outstanding Major Projects from HSC Industrial Technology students.
Judy Lin was nominated for selection in ARTEXPRESS the annual exhibition of exemplary artworks created by students for the HSC in Visual Arts – for her animation, 1961.
Two girls, Tina Gong and Amy Song, sat interviews for Veterinary Sciences and Architecture at the prestigious Cambridge University.
Congratulations to all the girls who were placed on the HSC Distinguished Achievers list for those who achieved a result in the highest possible Band for one or more courses.
Class of 2018 Achievements Booklet