IB at MLC School
Students undertaking the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme
in their final two years at school select one subject from each of six
core study areas, ensuring a breadth of subject choice through
humanities, experimental sciences, mathematics, arts and compulsory
language study. The IB Diploma also requires a CAS component (hours
dedicated to creativity, action and service), Theory of Knowledge
classes and an Extended (5,000 word) Essay in a subject area of the
MLC School's Year 12, 2021 IB cohort once again achieved at the highest level internationally in the IB Diploma Programme. 49 students in the year (approx 40% of the cohort) studied the IB with an incredible 12 MLC School students achieving the ‘perfect score’ of 45 and along with this a well-earned, well-deserved ATAR of 99.95. One girl fell agonisingly close with 44 out of the possible 45. This simply staggering outcome means almost 25% of the MLC School IB cohort attained full marks. This compares to only 1.1% of the worldwide candidature in the November 2021 examination session being awarded the perfect score.
We believe this is the most 45s awarded to a school in Australia in IB History.
- 12 girls received a perfect IB score of 45, being an ATAR equivalent of 99.95.
- 47% of our IB candidates achieved an ATAR equivalent of 99 or over.
- 90% of our IB candidates achieved an ATAR equivalent of 95 or over, an excellent outcome.
- 98% of our IB candidates achieved an ATAR equivalent of 90 or over.
We congratulate the following 2021 International Baccalaureate students for their excellent achievements:
Kylie Becvarovski, Christie Ch'ng, Annie Chen, Montana Cominos (2021 Dance, Drama and Entertainment Captain), Evelyn Doan (2021 Abbeythorpe House Captain), Tarindhi Fernando, Cynthia Hu (2021 Mooramoora House Vice-Captain), Fiona MacKenzie, Mikaela Nguyen (2021 School Captain), Vanessa Ryan (2021 Art and Design Captain), Anica Shen, and Amelia Whitmont all received a perfect score of 45 (ATAR 99.95), an amazing result, which places them among the top academic achievers worldwide. Sixty-one MLC School girls have now received perfect scores over the last 12 years.
Congratulations also to Audrey Nguyen who achieved a score of 44 (ATAR 99.75).
Congratulations to the 2021 MLC School IB girls achieving an ATAR equivalent of 99 and over:
- Kylie Becvarovski
- Christie Ch'ng
- Annie Chen
- Paris Chen
- Montana Cominos
- Gracelyn Dao (2021 Mooramoora Captain)
- Kirsten Dao
- Evelyn Doan (2021 Abbeythorpe Captain, 2021 Swimming Captain)
- Nancy Faraj (2021 Booralee Vice-Captain)
- Tarindhi Fernando
- Cynthia Hu (2021 Mooramoora Vice-Captain)
- Janelle Jiao
- Annika Lee (2021 Abbeythorpe Vice-Captain)
- Gloria Lim (2021 SRC Captain, 2021 Badminton Captain)
- Fiona MacKenzie (2021 Volleyball Captain)
- Neethika Naidu
- Mikaela Nguyen (2021 School Captain)
- Audrey Nguyen
- Vanessa Ryan (2021 Art and Design Captain, 2021 Netball Captain)
- Alyssa Scott
- Anica Shen
- Maya Simpson (2021 School Vice-Captain, Year 6–Year 9)
- Amelia Whitmont
*The above lists may not be a full representation of these achievements. MLC School is reliant on the Year 12 2021 cohort to provide their ATAR result or other information. Details are not made public or provided to the School. In some instances, the UniScore has been used as the ATAR was not available.